Being Super Boss
Being Super Boss is A 6 day intensive and interactive workshop – Guided by a 3 months program.
Setting your next first time manager up for success by teaching and reinforcing the skills needed to make the transition … Gain all the core skills for succes!
You have seen your top performers get results. They go above and beyond what is expected of them. They show potential. They have proved themselves to be effective workers. And now they are being promoted to management roles. But without any previous leadership experience, how do you know these first-time managers will have what it takes? While these employees may have been outstanding individual contributors, it does not mean they will necessarily become good managers.
Supervising and developing others and getting projects completed through delegation requires a different set of skills. When people are promoted to management positions for the first time, it is vital that appropriate tools, techniques, and guidance are provided to make a successful transition from being a member of the team to leading the team.
About Being Super Boss
Being Super Boss focusses on the company’s productivity and ability to retain committed employees depends largely upon the skill of its managers. Our First Time Manager program will give you the crucial fundamental skills to shift from being an individual contributor to a well-respected manager, who can achieve team success and drive bottom-line performance.
Using guided role play, exercises and practice sessions, you will discover how to adjust your management style and tackle new challenges. In-depth skills practice using Skill-Will matrix combined with the interactive nature of this training take you through the areas of motivation, delegation, coaching, communication, performance management and leadership. During this workshop “Being Super Boss”, you will improve key weakness areas, pay attention to your strengths and get the best results from every member of your team.
Consider these facts:
- 50 to 55 percent of employees who move up to supervisory or managerial positions coms from individual contributor roles inside the same company.
- Most people in managerial positions have had little or no management experience or training before taking on their current roles.
- The very same skills that make someone an attractive candidate for advancement become mush less important once they are promoted.
What you will learn in this superb 6 day intensive and interactive Workshop
- Identify qualities and abilities required for effective management to Understand your role and responsibilities as a manager
- Learn to transition from individual contributor to manager
- Know how to work effectively with multi-generational workforces to Understand the relation of Human Resource with your roles
- Basic Labor law for supervisor/manager
- Basic of HR knowledge to be more effective in your role
- Rewards and Disciplinary action
- Recognise what effective communication really is
- Understand the communication process
- Know the barriers that can cause derailment and misunderstanding
- Identify the relative importance of face-to-face communication
- Get a firm grasp of the five building blocks of managerial communication
- Learn to match the right communication method with your communication goal
- Identify the challenges and practices when communicating virtually
- Understanding and use difference type of Leadership styles: The Art of Influencing Others
- How to develop people, value differences and encourage honest communication
- Develop your leadership style to gain commitment from employees
- Match your leadership style to the your developmental needs and task at hand
- How does Coaching develop, enhance and achieve goals
- Know the requirements and importance of coaching
- Practice coaching and correcting difficult and challenging behavior o Use the Guide for managing a coaching discussion
- Identify the differences between coaching and discipline
- Identify the challenges to effective performance management
- Understand and conduct performance planning, facilitation and evaluation
- Practice the skill of setting goals, providing effective feedback and conducting alignment discussions
- Understand the different types of delegation
- Know the benefits and challenges of delegation
- Recognize your comfort with delegation
- How to conduct an effective delegation conversation o Practice your delegation skills
- Define motivation and your role in creating a motivational setting o The cost of demotivation and disengagement
- Recognise important elements of the motivational process
- Create your own practice for building a motivational climate
- Understand how the brain work o Techniques to handle conflict
Who shoud Attend Being Super Boss?
Every individual is unique and so your new manager too.
- Supervisors and Managers with less than one year of experience
- Experienced supervisors with little or no formal supervisory training
- Aspiring and soon-to-be promoted supervisors.
After attending this intensive workshop, participants are able to:
- Gain a deeper understanding of their roles and responsibilities
- Improve communication to effectively set expectations for yourself and your direct reports
- Adapt the leadership style to meet the needs of individual team members
- Communicate organisational goals that get results
- Apply delegation strategies to increase productivity and motivation
- Use effective coaching techniques to maximise your team’s performance
Dates, Venue and Pricing
This Being Super Boss workshop provides your best practices, interactive and hands-on development experience for 13 weeks with experienced trainers and leading captains of industry.
Dates and Venues are communicated after registration.
Your Investment for Being Super Boss
The investment for Open or Public Training is ฿ 65,000.- excluding 7% VAT. It is possible to tailor this workshop to specific management needs. We are happy to advise you on the possibilities.
Being Super Boss