[threecol_two]Lancaster University was given its royal charter in 1964 and in under 50 years has become one of the best universities in the country. It is a collegiate university, and all students are members of one or other of the nine colleges. Academic staff are affiliated with a college and often have an active role. The attractive self-contained campus is set in lovely parkland and has undergone a major investment in recent years to provide award-winning facilities.
Lancaster is ranked number one in the north-west for graduate employment, with 77% of students going into a graduate jobs or postgraduate study within the first six months of leaving.
Students make up about a fifth of the quaint and historic city of Lancaster’s population, so they are well catered for. Here, you’re within easy reach of areas of outstanding natural beauty such as the Lake District and Bowland Forest, but also handy for big cities of Manchester and Liverpool.
More than £450m has been invested into the campus since 2002, creating new academic facilities, student social facilities and improved teaching space. We have award winning eco-residences, opened a £10m centre for the Creative Arts in 2010 and a brand new home for Engineering is nearly complete.
As one of the few collegiate universities in the UK Lancaster University welcomes each student to one of our colleges on campus. In addition to our eight undergraduate colleges, we have one dedicated to our postgraduate students.
Courses on Offer Lancaster University.
Lancaster is home to a diverse and cosmopolitan community, with almost 3000 international students from over 100 different countries. Lancaster University has the following courses on offer:
- Accounting and Finance
- Biomedical and Life Sciences (Division of)
- Computing and Communications (School of)
- Division of Health Research
- Economics Lancaster University.
- Educational Research
- English and Creative Writing
- European Languages and Cultures
- Graduate Management School
- Institute for Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Development
- Lancaster Environment Centre
- Lancaster Institute for the Contemporary Arts
- Lancaster Leadership Centre
- Lancaster Medical School
- Law Lancaster University.
- Linguistics and English Language
- Management Learning and Leadership
- Management Science
- Marketing Lancaster University.
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Organisation, Work and Technology
- Politics, Philosophy and Religion
- Ruskin Library and Research Centre
Accommodation Lancaster University.
Lancaster University has a variety of award-winning accommodation to choose from, all of it located within distinct college communities within the main university, enhancing the student experience. We even have a dedicated college for our Postgraduate students.
Thinking about studying at the Lancaster University in the UK? Education Gateway is specialised in providing you advise in which university is best for you. Contact Us Today for a Free consultation or request your Free Information Package Online!
|League Table Ranking:||11|
|Number of students:||12,000|